Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Waiting

Heyo,

I hope you guys are not getting tired of these play-by-play posts. I am using you as a live audience for my journal writing. I'm trying to keep you in mind but sometimes I forget and just blog about random crap that I did during the day. I will try to do better. That said, today I...

-Went to school (boring orientation, for the next two days we are going over the handbook). The good thing about this was that I got to meet some of the teachers who have been there for a few years, and I think there are some of them that I am really going to like. 

-Went to lunch and bought some delicious fruit from a vendor on the street. There are Haitian fruit vendors on almost every street and they sell pretty cheap, delicious fruit. The papaya is better than Ecuador, the bananas are worse. I ate both today. Not to hate on the bananas though, they are good too.

-Went back to school for more orientation

-Came home and waited for hours for the handy-man to come fix various major appliances around our house. He says that he fixed them but I suspect they are still broken.

-Went to the grocery store with J.P. and Melissa, my roommate. Got delicious food and fruit. Came home and made juice out of passionfruit. Here it is called Chinola, in Ecuador it was Maracuya. It is sour and delicious. 

It wasn't a very eventful day but I am starting to feel more and more comfortable here. We are getting a cleaning lady so I feel like my roommates and I should get along really well. What is there to fight about with that taken care of? (Famous last words) Seriously though, they seem amazing. I really like each of them in very different ways, and I think that I could really be friends with all of them which is really lucky. We'll see how I feel in a while, hopefully the same. I am beginning to plot my weekend, and I think we might go to a beach on the north coast called Cabarete. (Google map it) It is supposed to be a surfer town with kite boarding and things like that, so that will be a good place to start our travels I think. I think it might be a little like Montanita, but I'll have to get back to you all on that after I go. I really like the city but it is a lot like most cities, so I am looking forward to seeing the parts of the country that people talk about as being so beautiful. I can't wait to hear from you guys! Let me know when you want to come to visit, we have plenty of room for crashing!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment