Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pretend that I posted this on Thursday when I wrote it

Today (Thursday) I had another orientation day at school. After school I came home and knocked on the door for 25 minutes while J.P. lounged around in the apartment, deaf, with my keys. Once he realized I was breaking a sweat pounding on the door he kindly let me in and we went to look at a room in an apartment for him in another part of town.

The room turned out to be part of an apartment complex and did not have a kitchen. It was basically a really dirty, dingy hotel room really far away from me. Also, when we got out of the cab the cab driver turned around and looked me in the eye and said, “Be careful in this part of town, okay?”. Surprisingly, we decided against taking the room.

            Even though we did not find an apartment we did find a great grocery store, and bought a lot of delicious fruit. When we came home I chopped it and pureed it and consumed it. We had delicious juice and papaya and mango. I hadn’t used J.P’s blender before, but now that I have I may hide it in one of my drawers like that one pair of running shorts that he wore as casual wear two summers ago. (I just read that aloud to him and he said, “Jokes at other people’s expense aren’t funny.”) After consuming an enormous amount of produce we went out to a restaurant for one of the other teacher’s birthday. It was good to do something all together. This weekend a few of us are going to that beach town that I mentioned, and apparently Bridget has some connection where we can stay in some mountaintop guesthouse overlooking the sea. I literally cannot wait. Actually, I have to go so I can pack. Love you all!

 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel loves that blender, too. Maybe you can share it. I won't tell where it is.

    ReplyDelete