Saturday, August 1, 2009

Totally Unreal

This is ridiculous. I am going to take some pictures tomorrow and post them because you won't believe this if you don't see it. Okay, so we were on our last leg of the trip when we realized that the two people sitting in front of us on the plane were also going to be teaching at the Ashton School, so that was cool because we got to meet them in advance. We got to the airport and got our bags and went through customs and all of that, and then we were met by these two guys from the school. Within five minutes we are standing with all of our bags at the airport holding cold beers in styrofoam cups. We then take these beers outside while our luggage is being loaded and hop into two separate cars with them. Everyone else, Japer and the couple, went in one car with the two guys, and I went in another car with just one lady.

Eventually we go back to the apartment where I will be staying (temporarily Japer is staying in the SERVANTS QUARTERS, who has servants quarters?) and it is SO ridiculous. It is ENORMOUS and really nicely furnished. I had heard that I may not have a refrigerator or stove, but instead I am in this crazy apartment with both of those things plus a washer and dryer plus air-conditioning and wireless internet. I feel like this is too good to be true. Hopefully it's not. 

After seeing the apartment the two guys who picked us up, Juan Carlos and Luis, the couple, Japer and I went to this restaurant on the boardwalk that juts out over the caribbean. Also ridiculous. We had this delicious dinner and didn't come back to the apartment until around 1:30. I am so happy I could puke all over this fancy apartment. So we got back and I sent Japer to his servant lair and now I am blogging in air-conditioning happy as a clam. Life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. You deserve every good thing. I hope it only gets better.

    ReplyDelete